Stir-fry mixed vegetable
- 1/2 Red capsicum sliced
- 1/2 yellow capsicum sliced
- 1/2 green capsicum
- 1 onion sliced
- small piece of pumpkin sliced
- 1 medium-size tomato chopped
- 1 small carrot thin sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon of gi
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt according to taste
- Heat oil in a non-stick wok, add cumin seed.
- Add garlic ginger pastes and cook well.
- Add sliced onion and let it cook till they start changing colour.
- Add turmeric powder.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cover with a lid for 2-3 minutes.
- Add all the chopped vegetables, sprinkle salt according to taste, mix well and cook for another 3-4 minutes turning few times in between.
- Please do not cover cook.
You can garnish with fresh coriander and roasted peanut seeds.
Posted by Dr Rachna Kumar
Dr Rachna Kumar Bachelor of Ayurvedic medicine and surgery (BAMS) MA (London), Ayurvedic beauty Therapy (London) Ayurveda assessment Immersion (USA)
Rachna Kumar graduated in Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery from India and has continued to develop her skills by attending regular courses in the UK, USA, New Zealand and India. She has practised Ayurveda for 20 years in New Zealand and England. She now offers specialist health and beauty services using Ayurvedic principles for women in Hamilton. www.ayuspa.co.nz