Immune boosting soup
Make your immune boosting soup: Warm soup is good for the respiratory mucosa. Mix garlic ginger and seasonal veggies for added support to the immune system. If you like sharp citrusy, almost piney flavor, use galangal root instead of ginger which gives fresh, pungently spicy, taste. They both help the immune system. You could use slow cooker and dinner is done, and here is a simple recipe I use.
- 100 grms fresh tomatoes or use tinned
- 100 grams carrots chopped
- 1 medium size onion
- 3-4 coves of peeled garlic
- 4-5 inches of ginger or galangal
- add 1 cup of other mixed vegetables you have like pea, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower
- 4-5 cloves
- 4-5 black pepper/ or 1/2 tea spoon of black pepper powder
- 1 litre of water.
- Salt according to taste.
- Fresh basil/ or coriander leaves for dressing.
Mix everything and put in slow cooker few hours before meal time or cook in stock pot. Once cooked mix with blander and serve hot with fresh basil , coriander, butter or sour cream. Happy eating.
Dr Rachna Kumar BAMS
Rachna Kumar graduated in Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery from India and has continued to develop her skills by attending regular courses in the UK, USA, New Zealand and India. She has practiced Ayurveda for 20 years in New Zealand and England. She now offers specialist health and beauty services using Ayurvedic principles for women in Hamilton. www.ayuspa.co.nz