Ayurvedic tips to cool down this summer
Pitta dosha dominates in summer. Thus, you feel more bodily heat, headaches, eyes burn, you lose appetite and some get diarrhea and dehydrate. Others get prone to feeling easily irritated. These symptoms can be remedied bu Pitta pacifying diet. There are other simple things that you can do as well.
- Drink cooling herbal teas with mint, fennel, coriander
- Use cooling oil like coconut oil for moisturising the body.
- Eat small meals regularly, plenty of green veggies and at the same time.
- Use a sandalwood face mask to fight sunburn.
- Use cucumber slices or dip cotton pads in rose water to soothe eyes.
- Avoid fried and hot food. and warming spices like garlic, ginger, cloves, black pepper.
- Favour sweet and more watery fruits like watermelon, rockmelon.
- Practice cooling breathing like Sheetali or Sheetkari pranayam.
- Practice moon Salutation, this helps to restore cooling energy.
- Exercise in the morning before 10 am or after 6 pm.