AYURVEDIC MARMA MASSAGE (Abhyanga).
AYURVEDIC MARMA MASSAGE (Abhyanga):
A full body massage using herbal oils selected according to your dosha/constitution and practiced with an acute awareness of the marma points. Marma are anatomical points on our body where energy channels in our body (called Shotas) meet. Ayurveda believes that our life forces (Doshas) flow through these channels. In order for us to have good health life forces should flow through the channels without obstruction and at a good speed. Day to day stresses, toxins (from environment or food) and lifestyle irregularity can cause the energy flow to become sluggish or even get blocked at certain points. This is how Ayurveda believes we develop illnesses or even start feeling unwell, imbalanced and not at peace.
Lab tests may not pick up any abnormality, we may not get a diagnosis and yet we continue to feel something is not right. Ayurvedic constitution analysis is a good way to diagnose imbalances in life forces and Marma massage together with lifestyle modification is a proven way to restore our health.
This massage moves energy into your body while removing toxins via the alimentary canal. The treatment benefits both nervous and endocrine systems.
- Relieves anxiety, fatigue, depression, insomnia and other sleeping disorders.
- Relieves stress, anxiety, headaches and migraines.
- Releases endorphins (body’s natural painkiller), curing body ache, muscle stiffness.
- Improves Fibromyalgia and nerve pain
- Reduces spams and cramps improves flexibility and muscle tone
- Strengthen immune and nervous system
- Enhances blood and lymphatic circulation Boost energy
- Helps to loosen any deep seated tissue toxins, reduce fatigue
- It also stimulates your body’s natural ability to heal.
- Balances all three doshas.
For 100% health benefits Ayueveda recommend to have a constitution analysis first. www.ayuspa.co.nz After the analysis I send a detailed written report with recommendations with diet, exercise, herbs and daily routine.
Marma massage works best with lifestyle modification. You get more benefits from a course of massage sessions. Each session helps you eliminate toxins, increase energy flow and bring harmony in life forces.
Ayurveda recommend drinking plenty of warm water after the massage so that toxins can be eliminated.
Dr Rachna Kumar. BAMS (India), MA (London)
Dr Rachna Kumar is Ayurvedic physician graduated in Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery from India and has continued to develop her skills by attending regular courses in the UK, USA, New Zealand and India. She has practiced Ayurveda for 20 years in New Zealand and England.
She now offers specialist health and beauty services using Ayurvedic principles at Ayuspa A centre for Ayurveda, Beauty & wellbeing in Hamilton.